Dr. Nicholas BavaroOrthopedic Surgeon specializing in Joint
Reconstruction and Sports Trauma
Dr. Nicholas Bavaro is a Board-certified, fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeon who has been in private practice for over 20 years. He specializes exclusively in joint replacement surgery of the hip and knee, including advanced robotic and computer navigated joint replacement surgery, anterior hip replacement surgery, partial knee replacement surgery, revision hip and knee reconstruction surgery, as well as state of the art techniques for fracture repair surgery and arthroscopic surgery.
Dr. Bavaro is committed to providing his patients with extraordinary care to regain and enjoy an active and pain free life. He offers true concierge medicine to all patients and takes the time to provide and explain treatment plans which are tailored to his patient’s unique needs, and not what insurance plans dictate.
NOTE: A referral is NOT necessary to be seen for a consultation, 2nd opinion, or for treatment at our orthopedic practice – including surgery.
Born and raised in NYC, Dr. Bavaro graduated from Stuyvesant High School, and completed his undergraduate studies at Columbia University. He received his medical degree and masters degree in Public Health from New York Medical College where he was awarded the school’s Orthopedic Surgery Award. He completed his residency at St. Luke’s Roosevelt in Orthopedic Surgery and then fellowship training at New York University Hospital for Joint Diseases in New York City.
Dr. Bavaro offers the latest treatments to restore your mobility. Whenever possible, repair procedures to rebuild the damage, such as stem cell therapy, PRP, cartilage and ligament repair are used. If the damage is past the point where biologic repair will work, the affected area is replaced with artificial components.
Dr. Bavaro is a pioneer in outpatient joint replacement allowing most patients to go home the same day as their procedure and recover in the comfort of their own home.
- Board Certifications
- State Licensure
- Hip Conditions & Procedures
- Knee Conditions & Procedures
For his superior patient care, Dr. Bavaro has been awarded numerous distinctions including Castle Connolly Top Doctors a major healthcare research company, and Westchester Magazine has featured him in numerous annual Best Doctors issues.
After graduating Stuyvesant High School, Dr. Bavaro completed his undergraduate studies at Columbia University. He received his medical degree and masters degree in Public Health from New York Medical College where he was awarded the school’s Orthopedic Surgery Award. He completed his residency at St. Luke’s Roosevelt in Orthopedic Surgery and then fellowship training at New York University Hospital for Joint Diseases in New York City.
- Diplomat, American Board of Orthopedic Surgeons
- Diplomat, National Board of Medical Examiners
- Fellow, American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
- New York State Medical License
- New Jersey Medical License
Dr Bavaro treats the following hip conditions
- Hip Pain
- Hip Fractures
- Femoro Acetabular Impingement (FAI)
- Hip Arthritis
- Inflammatory Arthritis of the Hip
- Hip Labral Tear
- Hip Bursitis
- Avascular Necrosis (Osteonecrosis of the Hip)
Dr Bavaro has performed the following hip surgical procedures
- Hip Arthroscopy
- Total Hip Replacement
- Revision Hip Replacement
- Anterior Hip Replacement
- Direct Anterior hip replacemen
- Computer navigated Total Hip Replacement
- Robotic Total Hip Replacement
- Correction of a Painful Hip Replacement
- Correction of a Failed Hip Replacement
- Correction of a Loose Hip Replacement
- Hip Resurfacing
- Hip Labral Repair
Dr Bavaro treats the following knee conditions
- Knee Pain
- Knee Arthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Meniscal Tears
- Periprosthetic Fracture
- Osteonecrosis of the Knee
- Knee Fracture
Dr Bavaro has performed the following knee surgical procedures
- Knee Arthroscopy
- Total Knee Replacement
- Computer navigated Total Knee Replacement
- Robotic Assisted Partial Knee Surgery
- Unicompartmental knee replacement
- Revision Knee Replacement
- Correction of Painful Knee Replacement
- Correction of Failed Knee Replacement
- Correction of Loose Knee Replacement
- Minimally Invasive Knee Joint Replacement
- Surgical Treatment of Osteoarthritis of the Knee
- Outpatient Unicondylar Knee Replacement